Monday 30 May 2011

Update

So I got the NPC code up to the point where it can follow you pretty successfully and then kill you. Additionally I wrote a piece of code that reads a ZHAO II formatted notecard out of the template avatar's inventory and uses the UUIDs it finds there for such animations as MeleeAttack, ProjectileAttack, Die etc etc. That way it makes it much easier for someone inworld to customize the appearance and animation behavior of NPCs without the need to get access to the code-base. It just makes things easier, really.

Anyways, then...Revolution Smythe who is a complete and total genius, extended Christy's Astar pathfinding code so that the follow code is better, the NPCs can follow you up stairs, round walls, over walls, fly after you etc etc.

Outstanding are getting the avatars to die (right now they won't die and mercilessly kill you over and over lol) and also some client side weapons/gun scripts.

The piece I'm working on currently is trying to get the avatars to play a "dying" animation once their health points go to zero or below. It's not working yet and it's been especially entertaining trying to get a chance to run a "kill" script while being relentlessly pursued by NPCs intent on your gory death. Fun times were had by all LOL.

Also: I borked my branch on github somehow when I tried to merge the code from the main branch over the weekend. Not being a github expert I don't know how to clean it up and it's just a big hassle really so I took the easy way out and just created a new repository with just the NPC project (i.e. aurora/botmanager). Since my code should just be a drag and drop replacement for the aurora/botmanager in the main branch that should make things much easier. Especially for those who have been unable to get my branch to compile (nod of the head to Enrico).

No comments:

Post a Comment