Saturday 18 June 2011

Nearly there

So I think I have basically all the pieces for a basic zombie game. Right now it works on my local so I've been looking for a place that will give me a full grid with root access. Looks like opensimhosting is the guy. Darren Williams was super helpful and got me up and running quickly.

Next piece is to re-hack my spawn-follow-attack code so that it works with aurora-master. Revolution Smythe moves so fast that it's hard to keep up lol. I move at a snails pace.

Anyways, I have a gun script that works as long as you have osCauseDamage set to true wherever that is in the .ini files (looking now) and also have damage set for your region.

Also I'm playing with zbrush so I can make my own meshes/sculpties. So far I've been able to make an ugle-assed set of wooden hair that is about as bad as the worst freebies and likewise I've been able to make a pretty clunky looking rifle but it's early days and a lot of fun.

2 comments:

  1. Yah so no such luck. Although I've already gotten osCauseDamage to work on my local install, when I try it with the vanilla install of the latest github aurora master distro it does.... nothing.
    So I figure I need to hack it up some more to get it to work. Even a direct "kill" order where I set the bot's health points to zero doesn't kill it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I keep running into is the animations failing after the first time. This happens with both osAvatarPlayAnimation as well as OnStartAnim.

    ReplyDelete